Monday, January 16, 2012

The Hidden - Jessica Verday

Title: The Hidden
Author: Jessica Verday
Release Date: September 6th, 2011, hardcover
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Group: Young Adult Literature
Rating:

A love that knows no bounds.

Abbey knows that Caspian is her destiny. Theirs is a bond that transcends even death. But as Abbey finally learns the full truth about the dark fate that links her to Caspian and ties them both to the town of Sleepy Hollow, she suddenly has some very hard choices to make. Caspian may be the love of her life, but is that love worth dying for?

*****************************************************
I am really sad to see this series end. I have been following these books since the very first novel, The Hollow, came out and have not stopped thinking about this series since. All of the books in this series is wonderful and a very beautiful story. While, it does have its flaws and problems; I am able to overlook those with how truly creative the story of Abbey and Caspian is. I have truly never read or heard of anything quite like it. We finally get some answers in this book, but that only leaves you with more questions. I am happy to say, that in the end of this book all my questions were answered and I came to understand everything about Caspian and why he drawled to Sleepy Hollow.

The story takes place right after, The Haunted, left off at. This book is mostly about Abbey trying to stay away from Vincent, having the Revenants help her, and Abbey being friends with Ben, Beth and the new girl at school named Cyn. There is also a bunch of drama that goes on with Caspian, with him not being able to touch or move objects and going into deep sleeps and not waking up for days. Of course, Abbey worries about what will happen and if she can complete Caspian once she dies.

There was many, many, many plot twists that I did not see coming. There isn't that much action in the story until the last sixty pages, which is sad. I found myself becoming majorly bored with the plot halfway through the book. I felt like there isn't any progression and the same things are just repeated over and over. We know that Abbey and Caspian are in love, but it seemed like the author just kept talking about how they couldn't wait to be with each other. That was okay for a while, but I was more curious as to why Vincent was after her and what was up with this whole system and why is everything even going on? Those questions aren't even answered until the last couple chapters. I felt like there was some unnecessary stuff that happened, like the whole story about her aunt and her husband. That was a sad story, but it had absolutely nothing to do with the plot of the book. There was also a few other things that happened like that.

Abbey was a great character to read from. However, I felt like she was kind of mean to her mother. She was actually a huge brat to her mom. I could tell that her mother just cared about her and wanted to help her anyway possible and Abbey just didn't seem like she wanted anything to do with her mom. This wasn't a huge thing that happened in the book, but in the small parts that it did happen was hugely annoying. Anyways, I did love all of Abbey's friends and all of the revenants! My favorites were Uri and Cacey! They were super awesome!

I had no idea where this author was going to be taking this book or the ending of the series. I was kept guessing until the last twenty pages of the book. Can I just say that the ending was PERFECT! I couldn't be happier with anything else. It was a great way for this story to end. I like that her best friend, Kirsten, was actually in this book. I feel like she would have been a great person, if we have got to know her. My favorite part was the epilogue! I am happy with the way this whole story has flowed together. I love the ending with Caspian and Abbey. It was true perfection!
Plot:
Characters:
Writing:
Ending:
Cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...