Thursday, December 15, 2011

Crescendo - Becca Fitzpatrick

Title: Crescendo
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Release Date: October 19, 2010 hardcover
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Group: Young Adult Literature
Rating:

Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadn’t been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.

*****************************************


I loved this book. I am so happy that I picked this book up to read. To be completely honest, I read the first book "Hush, Hush" back in the fall of 2009. I don't remember that much just that I loved it and thought it was really good. Thank goodness! I went and got this book! I can't believe it took me this long to read it. What the heck is wrong with me?



Where to begin?! I thought that Nora was a great character to read from. Although, the drama between her and Patch got a little too intense at times. I got so frustrated at them, to where I just wanted to slap Nora and have her listen to my advice. The drama does stop for a while, but it always picks right back up. That is one complaint that I have.

The second complaint is that I felt like Patch wasn't in the book that much. There was one time where 50 pages went by and Patch wasn't even in it! Patch is my favorite character, despite the fact where he made me really mad by hanging around with Marcie. I hate Marcie! Oh my gosh, was she annoying. I could have seriously dealt without her in this book. I hope that she isn't in the next book that much.

Onto the new character Scott... What to say about him? At first I wasn't too sure if he was a good or bad guy. I got some serious creepy vibes off of him. However, I loved his character! At times I did find him somewhat boring; I actually enjoyed reading about him. I have a feeling that we haven't seen the last off him. I can't wait to see what will happen to him next. The ending was a complete shock and HUGE cliff-hanger! I had no idea that was the person who wanted to kill Nora! OMG. WOW!! Kudos to Becca Fitzpatrick, totally wasn't expecting that!

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I know that there are many negative reviews, but I actually loved it! I love Patch and Nora so much! I hope that nothing comes between them in the next book! I am super excited to read it! I definitely recommend this book if you are into paranormal romances and loved the first book!

Plot:
Characters:
Writing:
Ending:
Cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...